A group of volunteers is needed to help the Youghal4All committee clear up some waste and do a general tidy up of the quays and docks of the town. Everyone is invited to meet at the Mall beach on Thursday 12th at 7 p.m. where depending on numbers the cleanup will begin. This area is vitally important to the town as so many visitors arrive in our town to this point. Though the area is generally clean it needs to be pristine and we all know how a few big tides like we had this week can bring in rubbish. The more who turn out the quicker the job will be but usually about an hour sees the designated area back to ship shape. So come on out and give your town that hour!!
Please feel free to contact any of the committee with comments, suggestions or queries.
Chairman: Mr. Jim Flanagan 024 – 92962
Vice-Chairman: Mr. Norman MacDonald
Secretary: Adrian Hyde 087 9878171
Treasurer: Jacqui Yates
Public Relations Officer: Ruth Vance
Youghal 4 All is a voluntary organisation working to improve our town. Our activities are varied and vast covering everything from festivals, lobbying, clean-ups to marketing. We’re pretty much sure we can use whatever you have to offer, so if you want to give back to your community, get in touch! We’ll update this page regularly with specific volunteers and tasks we’re seeking so do check back!
We currently require volunteers for the following items that we’re planning;
- Community Ambassadors: Working within a team, you will meet and greet buses and tourists to our town and provide a friendly face and a welcoming smile! Assisting tourists with directions, information and a helping hand where you can.
- Experts: Do you have an area of expertise? We are looking for individuals to write short informational leaflets about their chosen field and it’s availability in Youghal. For example, fishing, bird watching, history, entertainment, walks, eco-tourism, hidden sights, ‘must-see places’ – or any other topic you know about.
- Festival Organisers: Have you got what it takes to pull off something unique, original and stunning? Got a keen eye for detail, planning and organisation? Join our growing team of volunteers and get involved in organising a festival. Hugely challenging and hugely rewarding, a worthy addition to any CV.
- Graphic designers: we always need graphic designers! From logos to marketing brochures to website designers your skills are always in demand.
- Photocopying: If you have a photocopier we’d love to hear from you. Whatever you can photocopy we’d be hugely grateful for. Whether it be 50 leaflets or 1000, it all adds up!
- Arts & Crafts: Are you good with arts and crafts? We are looking for volunteers for a unique project!