Youghal Pipe Band would like to thank Berties Bar, Youghal for their kind sponsorship of tour jerseys for the 41st Festival Interceltique de Lorient in Brittany, France. The band leave for France on the 4th August 2011 for a 10 day trip and will represent Youghal, Ireland on the international stage.
This will be Youghal Pipe Band’s third trip to the festival over the past decade and as always Berties Bar has kindly sponsored the jerseys for the bands trip.
Festival Page: 41st Festival Interceltique de Lorient
Jack Nolan Wins Winter League.
It was a trying winter with many days blown off the water but through all the bad weather we have sailed whenever possible. The league was a close competition right up to the very end with only 1 or 2 points between the leaders. Edward Coyne (the rookie) gave many great performances winning his share of races with skill bringing pride home in second place overall.
Adrian Lee held his own, and for a while was looking to be the favourite but, due to some problems with his Mirror, in the final two weeks of the league he dropped back to third place. Jack – the man who started strong and finished strong brought home the victory and the 1st prize of a VHF Radio Course.
Lessons and limits were learned in every race but most of all the contenders had fun. Now we all get to relax and have some fun before the Summer League starts in April > hope to see you all for the races – fun and great experience.
1st (VHF Radio Course) >>> >>> Jack Nolan
2nd (Weekend Cruise Kinsale to Youghal return) >> Edward Coyne
3rd (Weekend Cruise Kinsale to Youghal single) >> Adrian Lee
4th (Weekend Cruise Kinsale to Youghal single) >> Shane Buckley
Background to event…
Notice of Race – Aquatrek Sea Skills Winter Sailing League 2010.
1. Aquatrek will run a series of races in the winter of 2010.
2. Racing will commence on Saturday 20th November and will be run on subsequent Saturdays through to 29th January 2011. Competitors will assume that the race each week will take place unless told otherwise on our Facebook Page or on our News board on our website.
3. Races take place in the afternoons, allowing for practice in the mornings, First Gun will be at 14.40.
4. The races shall be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing 2009-2012. The races shall further be governed by the ‘Sailing Instructions’ issued by Aquatrek, a copy of which is available for inspection from the OOD. In the event of a conflict between the ‘Racing Rules of Sailing 2009-2012’ and the ‘Sailing Instructions’ the latter shall prevail.
5. The races are scored using the PY handicapping system as adapted by Aquatrek.
6. There shall be two classes, Adult & Junior.
7. The league shall consist of 10 races in all, 6 scores per sailor shall count.
8. Registrations cost €80 for Adults and €50 for Juniors. Fees are payable on the date of your first race.
9. Prizes shall be for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each class and include Trips on Nightvision, Daysails to/from Kinsale, PFDs and 1st Place is a FREE VHF Radio course (Terms Apply)
10. Aquatrek say is final in any dispute and wrt Safety and the running of a race.?
A summer league on the same vein will take place starting in April and will include the new Youghal Bay Boat Club.
Aquatrek is a Powerboating and Sailing training centre which delivers training to pleasure and professional boaters including to the standard of commercial endorsements for skippers of charter boats.
In addition to competitions, Aquatrek deliver Dinghy Sailing over 1, 2 and 5 day courses to Adults and Juniors, Summercamps in Sailing run from June to September and during mid-term school breaks.
Other activities include VHF Radio, Dayskipper & Yachtmaster Navigation Courses and Sailing Holidays in locations including Southern Ireland, Scotland, Cornwall, France, Croatia, Turkey and Greece.
Croatia 2011 now booking for 3rd week in July
Turkey & Greece is 3rd week in August
Full details @ www.aquatrek.ie