Results of the Emer Casey 10k road race – Sun 20th May 2012
The full results can be seen HERE
This was the sixth running of the Emer Casey 10k road race in Youghal and it was blue skies and sunshine yet again. A record 484 runners took part this year, an increase of 26% on the figure of 383 in 2011.
The mens race was won by Sergiu Ciobanu of Clonliffe Harriers who retained his 2011 title with a time of 30:06. Sergiu had raced just two days earlier when he won the 10k race in Sixmilebridge in Co.Clare. In second place was James McCarthy of East Cork AC in 32:18 while Danny Smith of Ballynonty AC was third in 33:34.
The womens race was won by Lizzie Lee of Leevale AC in a time of 35:39. Helen Leonard of Rathfarnham-WSAF AC was second in 37:55 while Geraldine O’Shea of St.Finbarr’s AC was third with 39:38.
Video footage of the 2011 annual Emer Casey Foundation Memorial 10K run in Youghal, Co. Cork, Ireland. Film: Michael Hussey | Edit: Bobby Whyte | Email: email@example.com | www.YoughalOnline.com
Below is a Movie Clip of the Emer Casey Memorial 10k 2010
The annual race/walk will take place at Pobalscoil Na Tríonóide, Youghal, on Sunday, May 20th 2012 at 1.30pm.
The course will take participants through the historic town of Youghal and finish at the Front Strand where buses will transport you back to the school. Refreshments and musical entertainment provided. Numerous spot prizes to the value of €600. Free t-shirt to all finishers!
Further details and entry forms will be available shortly at www.emercaseyfoundation.com. All proceeds will go to the Emer Casey Foundation which funds research into ovarian/uterine cancer. Join us and take part in this annual event while enjoying the breathtaking scenery of Ireland’s Riviera.
The Quality Hotel, Redbarn, Youghal, are offering special rates during the weekend of the run. They are as follows: B&B (€39 pps), holiday Homes (€109; sleeps up to 6 people) and apartments (€99; sleeps 4). To avail of these rates, please call 1850 40 9000.
Below is Video footage of the 2011 Emer Casey Foundation Memorial 10K run in Youghal
DIRECTIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS.
1. Race H.Q. is at Pobalscoil na Trionoide, Frogmore, Youghal, Co.Cork
2. Pobalscoil na Trionoide is located off N25. Travelling from Cork take the 2nd exit for Youghal and follow signs
Travelling on N25 from Waterford to Cork take the first exit for Youghal on the left
3. Numbers may be collected on Saturday May 19th from 12-2p.m.or on Sunday May20th from 11a.m at Pobalscoil na Trionoide
4. On line registration will close on Tuesday, May 15th at 4pm
4 Parking is available at the school and on grounds adjacent to the school. Please do not park on the road outside the school as this is part of the race route
5. The start line is at the water tower to the left of the school and the finish line is at the front strand
6. Walkers should line up behind the runners. Please do not start before the runners for health and safety reasons
6. Courtesy buses for transport back to the school will be parked at Tides car park located 100metres approx. from the finish line. The bus will make several transfers. You may therefore need to wait a short time for a returning bus
7. A free draw with numerous spot prizes will take place in the school after the race. Just write your name on the back of your race number and place it into the entry box which will be located in the gym hall in the school where registration took place
8. There will be 3 water stations and pre and post massage available at Pobalscoil na Trionoide
9. Please keep to the left at all times during the race and be guided by the race stewards who are there for your health and safety
10 Unfortunately no dogs are allowed for health and safety reasons
10. Refreshments and showers are available in the school after the race together with a free T-shirt for all finishers
All proceeds to Ovarian/Uterine/Endometrial Cancer Research
Thank you for taking the time to read this important information.
Enjoy the day!
The Emer Casey Foundation
Below is a Movie Clip of the Emer Casey Memorial 10k 2010 in Youghal
5th Emer Casey Memorial Melbourne Fun Run and Walk
The 5th Emer Casey Memorial Melbourne fun run and walk will take place on Sunday May 27th 2012 at 12pm. Registration starts at Clayton Campus Monash University Melbourne at 8.30am.
The Emer Casey Foundation is funding Professor Campbell and his team based at Peter MacAllum Centre Melbourne.
This centre is unique within Australia’s public health system in that it is the only hospital solely dedicated to cancer research.
All money raised by the Melbourne run goes to support two cancer genetics programmes which focus on research into familial breast and ovarian cancer.
The Emer Casey Melbourne runs have contributed €48,000 to these programmes.
Sonia O’Sullivan former world champion and Olympic silver medallist will again participate this year to show her support for this worthy cause.
It promises to be a great day with lots of prizes, music, spot prizes and celebrations.
For further information log on to run4ec.com.au or www.emercaseyfoundation.com and follow the link for the Melbourne run.
Please pass this information to your friends and relatives in Melbourne.